Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Perfect Flower Girl Dress

Blogged at Thursday, 10 December 2009 @ 5.20pm

I now have two sets of two flower girls. Two older ones who are around 12 and 13 years old. And two smaller ones who are around 6 and 8 years old. I've been to some weddings where the flower girls are all wearing outfits they clearly don't look happy in. Hell, I've been a flower girl and I didn't have a say in my dress. Although, I was lucky that my dress was nice, it would have been nice to have had some sort of input in the look and design.

Two of my flower girls are my nieces - one is 12 and the other 8. I've asked each to go and research or tell me what sort of dress they want. They can show me five options and we'll work from there. I've also asked them to choose something different from the other. This is frankly because the older girl would want to wear something different from what her younger sister might prefer.

Yesterday, they each briefed me on what they'd like. The 12-year-old wants a kebaya that would look similar to my own dress. Cool. And the younger one wants a sleeveless dress. No problem. But they don't know where to find pictures from. So, as I always do, I've googled and this is what I've gotten so far:

This is precious. So simple, but ties in with my dress in terms of the bow. But because both girls are relatively small, I'd probably have the skirt slightly higher around the ankles.

This is so adorable. And it's so sweet. But I'm not sure whether my niece would think it's too "young" for her.

Also sweet. But might be slightly too sexy? Hmm...must ask the mothers and see.

Also very sweet. But maybe a tad too simple?

Wow. Looks kind of like a wedding dress. Maybe not huh cute? But maybe we can copy some sort of design element? Unless you like it?

This is so cute and so sweet. And it's perfect. There's a bow going down the back, while I'll have a bow going down my front. What do you think cutie?

Very normal and standard baju kebaya. But we can make the inside a one-piece dress like you requested.

I like that the sleeves end at her elbows. What do you think? Shall we make yours end at the elbow too? And I was thinking, instead of having the skirt this way, let's flare it a little, like mine will be.

So what say you girls?

Countdown to engagement: 21 days (!!)
Countdown to akad nikah: 204 days
Countdown to sanding (KL): 205 days
Countdown to sanding (Teluk Intan): 212 days

No comments:

Post a Comment