Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Perfect Wedding Dress with Tudung

Blogged on Tuesday, 8 December 2009 @ 6.48pm

I've pretty much sorted out the dresses for the akad nikah and reception for KL. But I can't neglect the groom's side now can I? Having been a couple for nearly two years now, we've come to know each other families quite well. And thankfully, his family seem to have accepted me as much as mine have accepted him :)

With his side of the family, I've learnt that I have to be careful with a couple of details to maintain that level of respect for them and their values. Which is why I will be wearing a tudung during the reception at Teluk Intan.

I'll be honest. I don't have a clue about about wearing a tudung. Before I met Eddie, I used to only wear a selendang during special ocassions. Since then, I've had his sister and aunty help me with how to wear one.

Below are some of the wedding dresses I've found to wear for our big day.

Ok. So this dress is not really appropriate with the tudung. But! I love the sleeves. It's just an idea. However, if I do choose this one, then there'll definitely be a layer of fabric below the lace.
Ignore the lady. Focus on the dress. I like the design. But where the skirt comes from under the jacket - I'd rather keep that plain instead of have more designs.

Very nice and simple. But may be a little hot and heavy. Hmmm...

I don't think I'd want my veil to be too long. Actually, I already bought the veil. Don't need to worry about that :) Generally, I like it, but nothing to shout about.

I will NOT be wearing a tiara on any of my wedding days. Let's focus on the dress. Can't see too much. But the top looks a bit like my baju tunang. Hmm..maybe not.

This is much more along the lines that I had in my head. A lot of fabric, but very simple detailing. I like. But not love. ARGH! So hard to choose!

I don't like the colour. I do like the design though. But might look to much like what his sister wore on her wedding day.

Something similar to the one above, but this has three layers. Nanti nampak macam cake pulak...

I like. I really, really like. Could this be it?

Countdown to engagement: 23 days (!!)
Countdown to akad nikah: 206 days
Countdown to sanding (KL): 207 days
Countdown to sanding (Teluk Intan): 214 days

No comments:

Post a Comment