Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Perfect Celebrity-Style Inspired Wedding (And A Guide of What NOT To Do At Your Wedding)

Blogged at 12.03pm on Thursday, 26 November 2009

"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." - Josiah G. Holland

Celebrities are meant to be watched - whether local or international. We look to them for examples of the good and bad. And we follow what we think look good. I need something for my AKAD NIKAH!

I researched celebrities and the types of gowns they wore because I need a wider perspective. I don't know many people who have married. And those who have, I'll silently steal their ideas ;p

International House of Brides

Princess Mary of Denmark. Oh so simple, oh so elegant. It's not clustered with too many designs or layers of fabrics (remember Princess Diana's dress? SORRY! I DON'T like it!) This dress is a simple statement into her becoming a princess to the man she loves.

Stacy Ferguson a.k.a. Fergie from Black Eyed Peas. I love the flower detailing at her rear, although not a very good idea when you want to sit down.

Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock. A big NO! Are you kidding? Who in their right mind would wear a white bikini on their wedding day? But then again, to each their own. This is already an indicator of a NOT-so-happy fairytale ending.

Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Or maybe I'm biased because I'm a HUGE fan. Hmm...it probably clouded my judgment. But I was actually surprised in her choice when I first saw her wedding pictures. She still looked beautiful anyway... :)

The character Charlotte from Sex and the City. I like! I like! I like! Definitely something I would want to wear during my akad nikah. Hmm... should I?

Grace Kelly. I love! I'm a sucker for the olden English-inspired dresses. And this is simply lovely. Hmm.. or should this be what I should wear for my akad nikah?

No celebrity. This just popped up when I was googling celebrity weddings. I kinda like the belt motif. Maybe a desgin that I can incorporate for my sanding ceremony in Teluk Intan?

Another non-celebrity. I just love the detailing against the white. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Local Beauties

Datuk Siti Nurhaliza. This is just one of her many outfit changes during her wedding. But the one most pleasing to my eyes. Although, I have to admit, there's still too many things going on. Maybe a little less bead work and would have been even more pleasing to my eyes :)

Emelda. Sangat suci. This sort of dress would be perfect if you were to be getting solemnised in a mosque. But my akad nikah is going to be at home. Maybe do away with the tudung and just a selendang to modify this for me? Hmm...

Emelda again. Very bold colour. But too much! If I wanted red to be my theme colour, the base of the dress would be something light, with red being the accentuating pattern. That would have made it stand out even nicer. And it's something that I'm considering for my sanding ceremony in Teluk Intan.

Sasha something. I like it. It's very sweet. Also a contender for my akad nikah.

Linda Jasmine. Not too bad. There's a slight element of the olden English bride, with a hint of moderness to it. Something to consider, but not too high on the list.

I love the dress on the left. That was actually the first idea I had for my akad nikah. Looks good right? Add on a gold bow around my waist with the tail going down the back of my legs. And a gold-beaded selendang. Nice right?

I dunno her name. Darling something? I like the lace and design, but it's not something that's too outstanding. I want something a little more special. But I love her selendang though.

Thoughts people? Help please! :)

Countdown to engagement: 35 days (!)
Countdown to akad nikah: 218 days
Countdown to sanding (KL): 219 days
Countdown to sanding (Teluk Intan): 225 days

1 comment:

  1. mm.. cn i vote?
    grace kelly's was similar to maya karin's - wud b lovly for nikah or recep will do as well
    linda jasmin - lov ALL of her wedg! so so so gojes for nikah..
    simplicity, pureness, yesss less beads - more lace.. its u u UUU to stand out! alldabest!

    ReplyDelete