Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Perfect Dress


Blogged at 2.06pm on Wednesday, 25 November 2009

"Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man's last romance." - Oscar Wilde

I found him. I knew it after I'd spent time with his family. He said he knew when he found me :)

We can finally start planning now. It feels real now. We've gotten one headache out of the way yesterday. But there's still so much that has to be done!

One of the most important things for me is the wedding dress. And I need to have at least four. One for my akad nikah ceremony, one for sanding for the bride's side, and two for the sanding at the groom's side. I've got colours picked out for the akad nikah and sanding in KL. Now I just have to pick a style for the dress! And trust me... it's not that easy!
Do I wear something demure and feminine that is the traditional virginal white with fine lace detailing? Hmm...maybe for the akad nikah. But we need to add sleeves to that!

Very nice. But also very boring. This is the kind of thing you see everyday. At the office on Fridays. At night for special ocassion dinners. And most definitely when it's during bulan Ramadhan and Syawal.

What I like about this dress is the simplicity of it and the black detailing. It looks classic and elegant. But if it weren't for the flared skirt, it looks like something I'd wear to a party - with sleeves of some sort!

I like this too. But it sort of looks like something a pregnant bride would wear (and I'm no pregnant bride!). Or for a garden wedding. Too mat salleh.

I LOVE this dress. This is exactly the type of thing I LOVE to wear. But this is my wedding. It happens once in a lifetime (and yes, I still believe only ONCE. Call me a hopeless romantic or whatever you want. I don't care). I still WANT this dress. I'll probably end up asking my tailor to make it for office wear instead :)


This is so simple. It has just the right amount of lace, bow and detailing without my wanting to vomit. Most other wedding gowns put SO MUCH lace and add on bling and this and that (think Siti Nurhaliza when she got married). I like simple and classic. It defines me.

This dress stood out because of the bow detailing at the back. Whatever I decide, I'm definitely going to incorporate this at the back of my dress :)

This is gorgeous. I love it. From the moment I saw it, I loved it. It has a modern edge to it while not forgetting that a bride should feel like a princess for a day.

Well what do you think? I need you help and feedback!

Countdown to akad nikah:
219 days
Countdown to sanding (KL): 220 days
Countdown to sanding (Teluk Intan): 226 days

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love the green bow at the back of the skirt. Small but it stands out so perfectly. I LOVE IT! Simple and elegant! Anna, I agree you should do that style. But be careful when you add on sleeves to your wedding dress ya. hehe... ;D

    i like the third wedding dress too. like you said; simple n elegant. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i add sleeves, it'll be tight fitting and lace. it's more to cover up a little bit - out of respect to eddie's parents. not the big and bulky kind.. hehehehe. I LOVE the green bow. Yay! Gonna do it then :)

    ReplyDelete